Monday, September 9, 2013

MIRACLE!! o en Espanol: MILAGRO!!

September 9, 2013



This week has been interesting but I have definitely been able to see the hand of the Lord in His work.

So this week was a little off at first because of the holiday our P-day got switched you knew that but also I've been on like 3 exchanges. The first one I went into Spanish work. HOLY MOLY I love slash am terrified of Spanish work. There is a lot more contacting, knocking and overall finding in Spanish work. But there was this one lady we knocked on her door and she went crazy on us. She was like You are all liars, you have no authority to lead people astray I can't believe you think that you are preaching the words of God. Keep in mind that she's yelling all of this in spanish to us so the only word that I really understand in her rampage was "Mentira" and my stomach just dropped. So Hermana Magana tells me what she said after. She was livid but kept a cool head and just said after "pues, gracias por su tiempo tegan un buen dia" If that was me I honestly don't know what I would have done probably just born a stern testimony but nuts right?!

I know that this church is true. So much! Like I KNOW it. It pains me like my stomach and my heart physically clench when I hear someone say that kind of thing or that they don't have a faith or belief in Christ. 

Our investigators have certainly stirred up our lives lately. We found out after asking for a 3rd time that a couple we are teaching, who when previously asked have answered that they were married, is not married. That baptism date is getting pushed back :/  

Here's the miracle though. It may not seem huge to anyone else but oh boy I got so stoked! We went to go try and visit this guy that said that he was interested in the church and wanted lessons. We met him like 3 weeks ago but everytime we go over there he is always gone. We go visit this time and on the way we stop and talk to this guy and give him a mormon.org card. He gives it back and says that he's a militant atheist. He tries to "save" people from being saved and knowing Christ. He said that he didn't need a savior. He just got a promotion and all this other stuff that brought him worldly happiness but no real joy you know? Anyway My stomach dropped and we headed to George's house. Well...HE ANSWERED!! We taught him a mini lesson because he was like you caught me just in time I have to leave in like 15. But he started asking all these REALLY good questions. Like super awesome questions. He asked to meet with us again and we are seeing him this friday. And because he's a single man we can't go in his house right? But he was like yeah not a problem I just wanna learn we can go wherever there is a park bench. He is GOLDEN! I'm so excited! When there is sadness God will lift us back up we just gotta keep doing his work! 

We as a district went and helped this lady with some take-down for a Hoedown she was in charge of. She is less active and was like MISSIONARIES! It was a good experience for us and we contacted a lot of people! I love my district here. OH! I told dad that my district leader is a BYU Football Player. He probably red-shirted but his name is Micha Hanneman and he plays cornerback. His 40 is a 4.4 That's what he was telling all of us at the service project.

SPEAKING OF BYU FOOTBALL!!!!!! I MISS IT! I feel bad that Ruben is so close to the stadium and all that. My Bishop is a UofU fan out here. I heard we BARELY lost to the U. I died a little inside but Dad...KEEP UP TELLING BE ABOUT THE GAMES! and MOM Thanks for the score :D People out here love soccer and volleyball. That's pretty much it. I mean I love volleyball but come on. Its college football season. Anyway. I'm so glad we like KILLED Texas! Hahahaha makes me happy! :) Sorry Spencer and Sara. 

Hope all is well with Ya'll. I love hearing stories about my nieces and nephews too! RyJ and the Girls are HILARIOUS! I'm sure ava will be too when she can talk!

OH DEAR! Mom and Dad Thank you SO much for teaching my the Gospel and for all my brothers and sisters for their examples. I can't imagine going through some of the things my investigators have gone through. And can I tell you that mom and dad your experiences have helped me so much to gain perspective. I'm a spoiled thing when it comes to the Gospel. Mom and Dad you are helping the work out in California bet you didn't know that would happen huh?

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! The Work is good and I love being a missionary! Keep up the missionary work at home to member help is AWESOME!!!

Love you all! 

Hermana Zendejas




No comments:

Post a Comment