Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MTC week 1 continued...

Hello everybody!
The MTC has me studying literalmente all the time. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. Mostly I just study....a LOT! But its okay I need it. For the 4th we had a mini (as mini as you can get with 3400 missionaries) devotional and then we got to watch 17 Miracles! I loved it. After the movie we got to go outside and eat ice cream and watch the fireworks. Honestly my companion and I were so tired we just took the ice cream stayed out for literally 5 minutes and started our planning session, had comp. prayer and then went to bed.

Sunday was fantastic! It was fast sunday so no surprise talks for me yet. Also we had devotional and Susan Easton-Black and her new husband came and spoke to us. It was amazing. BE BOLD about the Gospel! Why not its not your message you are sharing its the Lord's what have you got to lose! If the Lord is behind you and the message ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! So BE BOLD! After devotional we watch a movie or talk from a GA. My district watched Character of Christ from Elder Bednar! I LOVED it. It gets you so pumped. Its been drilled in our heads that this is the Lord's time not ours. I need to be more like Christ: when we would turn inward and to selfishness Christ turns to service, love and outwards. He is fantastic!

Thanks for the package for my birthday!! I loved it and ended up opening all the letters out of curiosity. I didn't get it because the post office closed so that cry session was last night. The Hermanas in my zone had a girls night and sang to me and asked me questions it was nice and they are awesome! I love em! I am so old though. At least in my district. I've got a good year and a half on the girls there. Three elders just graduated from high school in either May or June. One elder did go to a year of college but I'm still old compared to the rest of them. All of us are going to the ABAN mission except one. He's going to the Arg. Resistencia mission. Me and one other elder are from NOT Utah....pero esta bien! My comps is from Farmington. She's pretty cool and super chill. P-day are on Wednesdays. 

So our district started doing complements to eachother and one of the sisters said that she loves that I'm always positive? I was grateful but had to laugh in my head. Never thought I'd hear that one! Hahaha! 

I'm Senior companion. But that's totally arbitrary and will change in like 2 more weeks! I've been here a week already. SO WEIRD. It feels like a month though. On the second day my comp and I looked at each other and were like its only day two. There's like this cramming of knowledge all the time. I wrote this to Jordan already but sometimes I feel like the Dowager Countess in Downton when she asked (Matthew I think) "What is a weekend?" that's what its like here in the MTC.

OH! we taught our first investigator. His name is Juan. Its a struggle and mostly we speak in a round about way to get what we need to say said and a lot of charades. I'm sure he's laughing at us. Its one of our teachers. Sometimes he cracks a smile because of how bad we are on accident. We committed him to baptism and he's praying about it. Tomorrow is the last time we are meeting with him. Hope it goes well!

What's going on!? How was the 4th!? How are the kids? I love you and miss you lots...like a lot. We taught about the families and I sorta teared up. I miss and LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! 

Love,
Lexi slash Hermana Zendejas
----------------------
Sorry you are getting overload of emails but I can only send 3 pics at a time and then before I thought I only had a certain amount of time but we have a little more than I thought so... here we go.

I'm going through phone withdrawals. I check my pocket and have mini- freakouts until I remember I don't have one. There will be times that  all I wanted to do was text you all or call mom or dad. But I don't have a phone. Do you know how hard it is to try and find the other hermanas in our district without a phone? We had to ask them something and we literalmente walked all over the MTC campus until we found them by chance! Also RUBEN. I saw Kyran! It was like the 2nd day not in super missionary mode and I go in for a hug and he puts out his hand for a handshake. I was like good for you Kyran!

Oh also. I'm kinda a mom to the other elders in my district. I don't mean to be but I'm just old. Especially because we are stuck in a room for hours at a time and our teachers don't like us to go outside for personal or companion study because its distracting. What they don't know is that some of the 18 year olds just stand and pace and me and the other hermanas have to calm them down. Its kinda funny. We made goals for the district and one of them is stay on task especially for the younger missionaries. They're funny though and lighted the mood when we need it.

We had devotional last night. It was way good. He gave us a priesthood blessing (he being an emeritus seventy Elder Kendrick) that said we would master any language that we are learning and that our minds would be quickened. You can feel the urgency to spread the Gospel here in the MTC with every devotional we've had. I've been here a week and we've had 3. Its great! Also devotional was at the Marriot Center. It was so weird to be there not as a student but as a missionary. It made me really miss BYU. Its weird how just last semester I was yelling in that center over BYU basketball. This sounds corny but I love and appreciate the sound of the bell tower even more! Yep pretty much love BYU!

My comp goes to Utah State and we have differences in that. Honestly she starts stuff more and I've been good and not starting anything. All I say is that UT State is just BYU's annoying little brother and its all good. I know how much better it is. No worries

Also I've realized I've written literalmente. So here are some humorous (at least to me) phrases that the zone has created that aren't entirely correct...probably...most likely not correct but they are said like all the time in our hall.

literalmente- literally
problamente- probably (my comp totally used this in a lesson...no esta bien)
Esta bien- its good
Que en el mundo!?- What in the world
Solido- Solid
Que que!- what what!
Que linda!- how cute!

I love and miss you all!! I love hearing from you! Let me know what's going on! Oh and mom...you're probably right...that blanket might come in handy. See? Humility! ha ha ha love you!!!

Hermana Zendejas!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment