Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Summer I Spent as an HCI Intern

This Summer I got an internship with Ho-Chunk Inc. under the Legal and Contracts Department. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about contracts and now I know...well I know a LOT. I'm actually back for Christmas break I loved it so much slash I needed the money! I got to work with some pretty cool people there! Janet was basically my mentor. I followed her around and she showed me the ins and outs of government contracting. By the end of the Summer I had written the companies Ethical and Business Codes and brought it up to FARs, I wrote some Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements, I helped with power points, was involved in contract editing, I helped with a contracts training, helped the company get ISO certified by co-auditing the Bellevue Office, and attempted to get the Contracts Library in some semblance of Order. I loved what I did and, I am not being prideful in saying, they LOVED me! I gained a ton of experience there. I might even go back and work for them after I graduate! ...I'm kind of a big deal. True Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment