Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Year in Review...Recap Anyone?

I've been AWOL...There's really nothing new about that. This blog really only started because I felt left out last year while my entire apt. was blogging and I was the loser watching bad ABC Family shows.
 Let's get this done! I'm taking this month by month...its about to get real!

April

Before the madness there was finals, papers, procrastination, anxiety, maybe probably most likely tears... and lots of calls to mom...blah blah blah let's get to the fun stuff!

So I got back from BYU in April and headed home...and it was the LAZIEST month of my life. Netflix and I bonded. A LOT.  I watched 4 seasons of Bones in FIVE days. That's at least 21, 45 minute long episodes per season. I know, its a tad depressing. I've moved on, so should you. My family should just be lucky that I had the will power to shower. To keep it interesting I moved rooms every now and then. Variety is the spice of life and my variety was my room, the living room, and on occasion the kitchen. It doesn't get any better than that. Although, after a grueling semester of midterms, research papers and a BAJILLION ( completely accurate number with the history classes I took) pages of readings I feel like I deserved a couple weeks off right? Right. That's what I kept telling myself.

So April sounded AWESOME right? Well It wasn't JUST Netflix and Bones. Before I came home I had myself some adventures! I got to stay a couple of days in Provo before heading home to the glamorous life. My friends and I got into some shenanigans.

I hiked Y Mountain for the first time since SOAR my Junior year of high school. We got some people together from my ward  and did a midnight hike! It was awesome and insightful...I learned ( not that I didn't know this before but) that I am super out of good shape and a few other secrets! Carmen, my bestie, were hiking buddies and really didn't talk because we both thought it best that we BREATH instead of talk. Some pretty legit and cool-awesome people went with us! Pics will be up once I get my laptop back - another story for another time. The flash pretty much blinded us but... worth it! We got to the top and and decided we needed to do a Rocky Balboa Style picture especially since we had so super awesome troopers (3) who have had knee surgery complete the expedition. Greg also brought a laser pointer up the mountain. Him and his roommate shot them at each other (Greg from the mountain and his roommate from their apartment). The view at night is JUST as phenomenal as it is during the day time.

I also went stargazing for the first time! So. Incredible and Fantastic. I saw my first shooting star! A small group of us went up to the canyon, brought tons of blankets and watched the meteor shower. It was so close I felt like I could have touched the sky! Doesn't get like that in Nebraska!

April was also the month of the great bonfire! So BYU, and I'm sure many other colleges, have this ridiculous policy that they won't buy back certain random books, work books, or books published by the university so we can't even sell them back to national sellers or amazon. Lame. So we decided to have a bonfire and get rid of them in the canyon. Ok so this may sound a tad like Nazi Germany...we are college students that had just had our brains fried with finals and whatnot...give us a break. We took hotdogs, stuff for s'mores, and cooked them over an Econ 110 book (that just took FOR.EV.ER. to burn!Also I understand more completely the satisfaction after taking that class ie the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE this semester). Mmmm... it tasted like delicious, scrumptiousness served over justice! The best flavor in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment