I love the war chapters
in Alma. I just do. I think some of the stories are just so outrageous they
just HAVE to be true while others are so full of lessons to be learned that
they also just HAVE to be true. This week I was reading in Alma 58 and trying
to understand how my life could fit into the war chapters. Then this story came
up in my readings. There were three Nephite war captains: Gid, Teomner and
Helaman. Helaman and his army were trapped and without provisions until
provisions were brought by 2000 warriors. Now in order to survive, because the
government had been unable to help them, these three captains had to take the
city of Manti from the Lamanites. However, the city of Manti was heavily
guarded so they had to use strategy in order to win back Manti. How they did it
just seems amazing. Helaman's army decides to drag out the Lamanites as far as
they could until Teancum and Gidare able to take back the city of manti without
bloodshed. Then on cue out of nowhere Gid and Teancom's armies help Helaman
retreat from the Lamanites and there was no Bloodshed lost in the to get back
of the city of Manti. Now these armies were weaker than the lamanites, their
government had nobody to back them up, and honestly if I were in Helaman's
shoes I would be scared out of my mind that this plan wasn't going to work and
that Teancum and Gid weren't going to be able to provide backup.
Now a lot of times it
seems like we're going through life without backup and something awful is
following us in our lives. Then out of nowhere, it seems even though you know
that somebody has your back, it still surprises you that someone is going to
help you out of the horrible situation. I know that as we go through life it's
going to get hard it's going to seem like we don't have any provisions. it's
going to seem like nobody's going to be there to help you get out of these
tricky situations, but it says in this verse,
"we trust God will deliver
us, notwithstanding the weakness of our armies, yea, and deliver us out of the
hands of our enemies."
In their weakness the
Lord helps him out of it. I know that the Lord will help us out a tricky
situation and that he is always there we just have to have the faith to
continue to press onward while he takes care of things from behind. We have to
do our part like Helaman and his army did their part. We have to trust that the
Lord willl, just likeTeancum and Gid, have our backs. It just takes a little
bit of planning - strategery - and faith.
Love,
Lexi
I LOVE TEANCUM!!! He's my hero.
ReplyDelete