Eyes on the prize. I'm super competitive and anyone who has met me even once would know that. I love to win and I would do just about anything to win. The more I realize this the more I read in the scriptures about charity and love and kindness and finally in Mosiah 4:27 I read about doing things in order and in wisdom.
Do you ever just feel stressed about life and where you are at? I do. All the time. It's probably not healthy. Actually I know its not because this is what the Lord has to say about us trying to do everything all at once and being stressed about it:
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.
Do you hear that it is not requisite or rather its not necessary. Now, I'm not advocating that we don't have to do any of it. I'm just saying that we don't have to do it all, all at once. There is a process for repentance that really shouldn't be rushed. We should take our time reading our scriptures whether it be a verse a day or several chapters. As long as we get something out of it. We should take the time to have meaningful prayer and go to church. Then there are things that aren't needed...I would recommend a talk by Pres. Uchtdorf "Of Things That Matter Most" he explains is clearer and more eloquently....
Just know that while we can all do better you are doing better than you think. Competing isn't going to get to to the win the Prize. Stress and anxiety aren't either. So don't run faster than you have strength...really don't overwork yourself for perfection. It will come by doing the small and simple things. That's how we win the prize: a remission of sins, eternal life, the opportunity to be worthy to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father again.
In the mean time I obviously have a lot to work on.
Love,
Lexi
No comments:
Post a Comment