Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 31, 2013

Alrighty familia buckle down this is gonna be kinda long....I had to write down bullet points so I don't forget! :)
So I've started marking my spanish scriptures with a system because I NEED it! We went into a lesson and I didn't bring my English Scriptures and I was just like "Alright, Lord, I need help!" Marking them a color coding topics is gonna help A LOT! Also, I still haven't gotten advice on whether or not I should keep my old scriptures or get new ones. When do the new ones come out??
The other Hermanas in my district and I have created what we like to call "MTC S'mores" It is graham crackers, nutella, and popcorn. It sounds kinds gross and one of the elders thinks that it is but we love it. You've gotta work with what you've got here and we were craving s'mores. We told the Elderes about this and so we gathered together as an FHE/district and had a spiritual thought and S'mores. It was funny to see the Elderes faces after tasting it. Some thought it was good....one was like its not bad, but its not good either! ha ha ha ha whatevs I like it and so do the other Hermanas.
I got a calling this week. My companion and I are the Zone Sister Training Leaders. Basically we are in charge of the Hermanas in the Zone and report directly to the Pres. This would be more work if we got new sisters in because we are supposed to introduce them and give them tours but its litterally the Hermanas in my district so it should be good! Part of being a sister training leader (STL) is asking people to obey the dress code. 
So we taught Roberto again. Its amazing what a change of heart is happening in him. I know its simulated but I asked if this stuff actually happened the way it did (he's using one of his investigators) and he's like yep. This is all real. He moved out of his house. This 16 year old boy, because he knew that was the only way he could keep learning about the gospel. I didn't know how to act. I turned into a mom a little bit. It's what I do right? He said he read from the scriptures and that's what prompted him. I had this impression that we needed to read part of Enos with him. I LOVE ENOS I've been on an Enos kick. The cool thing is was before the lesson that was the last thing I read. Not for the investigator either. The Lord knows better than we do what we need and what others need. So cool. READ ENOS ITS AMAZING!
District A left. Most were heading to Argentina and all but one had to get reassigned. The one that didn't was from Austrailia, so. They went to Ventura, Raleigh, Seattle and Salt Lake South. We'll see this friday if I get reassigned and next week where I get reassigned to! :) I'm kinda not sad to be serving 2 places. We had a fast for our visas last sunday and if we didn't that we'd understand why and be ok with what and where the Lord decided for us.
The free bin is fantastic! I was running out of shower stuff and low and behold FREE BIN! I even got treseme stuff! SWEET!
The other night we made up a game in our dorm. Basically we take our trash and throw it into the trash can and if we miss we get a chance. I almost fell off my bed to get a bottle that I missed. I'm on the top bunk. Then I thought about it a realized it was a bad idea. One Hermana got intense! Hahaha its great.
We started a new exercise regime because the food here is sick nasty and we are feeling gross. One elder has gained 12lbs. He's still skinny though. My comp and I Run on Mondays around the MTC 2-3 times then do abs. Tues we play Volleyball. Thurs we run and abs Fri volleyball with the zone in the sand pits and then sat we run again. I feel better but still...the food is gross sometimes.
The elderes in my district are awesome. They take our trays when we are done eating and put them away. One day the other Hermanas left while the Elderes were busy and one starts banging on his head saying "Stupid Stupid Stupid!" then he turns and looks and us and is like "it would really make my day if I could take your trays" so hilarious and so nice. They're great!
I understand what y'all are talking about with the committment pattern. Invite, promise blessings, and testify! What up!
Quotes of the Week:
One Elder created his own language because Spanish was getting frustrating. "Tunca Miunca" means You Rock!
"I want real food, with substance...like McDonald's" 
"Great White North!" (Elder from Canada and he does this everytime he makes it over the net in Volleyball)
Me:Don't dwell on it.
Elder: We may dwell on this but our fathers dwelt in a tent!
Apparently one of the Elders yells in his sleep. The other night we were told he yelled out "Seguir a Cristo!" or in english "to follow Jesus Christ!"
  
This week's devotional was AMAZING! It was a lot about Elder Holland's talk to missionaries. He said that missionary work and Salvation isn't easy because Salvation isn't cheap. Why do you think we should have it easy when He NEVER, EVER had it easy? When we ask isn't there an easier way? we have to remember that we are not the first ones to have uttered those words. Christ, our Redeemer and Savior, spoke those words to the Father of us all. We must not think that this life will ever be easy. In fact we were told that it wouldn't be easy. Its going and has been really hard. But the most glorious thing is that with Christ our burdens can be lifted and our hearts and spirits lightened. All we have to do is come unto Him. Do as He asks. How EASY in comparison to suffering through every pain is coming unto Him. It will still be hard but the outcome will be significantly more hopeful.
We are working on the Lord's side. BE BOLD. Charge the line. Don't just merely stand there. Do something! Standing there is easy. Fighting with our Savior for good is worth it! Act.
How amazing is this growth...in 1954 the largest group to enter the MTC was 88 missionaries. Last week was around 900. In the MTC now there is somewhere around 3500. 1954- something like 300. In 1954 there was 3500 missionaries. As of last wed. there were 73,522. INSANE and so incredibly amazing. We really are as the Army of Helaman. People said it would be different when you came to the MTC singing "Called to Serve" and it is. Its amazing. But what I love more is singing "We are as the Army of Helaman" Its powerful. I love it. Ponder on this for a little bit. We have the power to affect the eternities. Nuts right?!
LOVE YOU LOTS!! and Les Quiero MontaƱas does not mean I love mountains. It means I love you mountains!
Hermana Zendejas!

No comments:

Post a Comment